Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I took a whole bunch of cheesecake recipes and kind of made my own. NOTE: I have actually made this mixing about 3/4 cup of chocolate chips into the cheesecake filling and then drizzled some melted chocolate on top once the cake cooled. Or you can also try mixing in some fruit. I like having fun with this. Time does not include cooling or chilling time.
Graham cracker crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (I actually use 325 degrees in convection bake).
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar (only use enough butter to moisten crumbs, may be less than the 3/4 cups) Press mixture to bottom of 12 inch springform cake pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- In mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, salt, and sugar on medium speed with mixer until creamy (about 3 minutes). Add sour cream and beat until blended (no more than 30 seconds).
- Pour mixture on top of crumb crust and even out. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn ove off and leave cake in there (with door slightly open) until oven has cooled off (1-2 hours). Remove cake from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.