Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is an interesting little pate...
- 1 ounce pork fat
- 1⁄2 lb fresh ham (minced)
- 2 tablespoons nuoc nam
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons rice flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash msg (optional)
- fresh cracked pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (grated)
- Heat oven 350.
- Poach pork fat for 10 minutes. Drain. Let cool. Mince.
- In a food processor combine the fat with the ham, nuoc nam, water, flour, sugar, baking powder, MSG, pepper and cinnamon. Pulse until combined.
- Press mixture into a sprayed loaf pan.
- Place pan in another pan filled with 1 inch of water.
- Bake 40 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature.