Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I absolutely LOVE this recipe. It is the only way I can get my DSS to eat cauliflower. You can also use this recipe for Potatoes Au Gratin, just bake longer for the potatoes to become tender. From the Angels in the Kitchen Cookbook.
- Rinse the cauliflower and remove the green stems. Cut into bite sized pieces.
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Cook in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 15 min or until tender crisp and drain.
- Place in a baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. (I use an 8x8 pan).
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in the flour. Cook for a few min, stirring constantly - DO NOT BROWN.
- Mix the evaporated milk and water in a bowl.
- Stir milk mixture into the flour mixture gradually, cook for 10 min or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the white sauce over the cauliflower and cover with cheese.
- Bake at for 20-25 min or until bubbly.
This is a horrible recipe!! If you like a flour paste on top of your cauliflower, then this is the recipe for you.
I love the sauce in this recipe! I use it for potatoes, brusssel sprouts and lots of other vegetables. It is great as a while sauce too. Lots of flavor!