Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
3 guesses who gave me this recipe!!! - Right first time!!!
Make and share this My Cardiologist's Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground sirloin
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 14 1⁄2 fluid ounces low sodium beef broth (canned "or" made from dry substitute)
- 6 ounces no-added-salt tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sodium-free chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- brown sugar (optional)
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, undrained
- Cook beef, onion and green peppers over medium heat until beef is well done and onion and peppers are soft.
- Strain all and run under hot water until beef loses oily feel when touched.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
I did not use the brown sugar as I don't care for sweet chili and I adjusted seasonings to taste as follows: 3 teaspoons of chili powder and 2 teaspoons of cumin. Also used extra lean beef, red onion and the green pepper.