Recipe by happynana
We were watching the baseball game and decided on pizza. This is what I came up with and DH thought it was very good and I should share. So here it is. Please feel free to add more or less of the ingredients to suit your tastes.
Top Review by Brandess
I made this recipe exactly as written with one deviation; I omitted the artichoke for dietary purposes. These toppings paired with Recipe #321059, made for a very good pizza. I particularly loved using the Alfredo sauce, as I do not care for traditional red sauce. I would recommend this recipe and will be making it in the future. Made the AZ Recipe Swap #22.
- 1 (11 ounce) thin crust pizza dough (I used Pillsbury but use homemade if desired)
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons jarred minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or more, fontina would be good also)
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce (can use more, we do not like saucy)
- 4 ounces Canadian bacon, cut into strips
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies, drained
- feta cheese
- 2 slices red onions, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread dough on large greased cookie sheet.
- Drain artichoke hearts reserving some of the marinade. Set hearts aside.
- Brush crust with some of the reserved marinade.
- Brush on garlic.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over crust.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Remove crust and spoon on sauce to your desire of thickness.
- Add artichokes, bacon, tomatoes, and onion.
- Sprinkle as much feta cheese over pizza as desired.
- Sprinkle basil over crust.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes longer or until crust is baked to your choosing.
- Cut into squares.