Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is TASTY!
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 2 ounces ham (minced)
- 1 lb cabbage (shredded)
- 5 ounces spinach (stemmed, torn)
- Whisk together the garlic, salt, Dijon, honey, balsamic and oil.
- Spread pine nuts in an iron skillet. Heat until toasted.
- Add ham. Sauté until crisp.
- Add cabbage. Cover. Cook 8 minutes.
- Add spinach. Sauté until just wilted.
- Toss in vinaigrette.
- Serve warm.
Thanks for submitting this recipe. I had a few ingredients to clean out of the fridge this morning, and this recipe fit to a T! I made my salad raw rather than cooked because I prefer my cabbage to have a bit of bite to it.
Excellent recipe & perfect for the ingredients I was trying to use up. My only substitutes were sliced almonds for the pine nuts & bacon bits for the ham. The cabbage definitely still had plenty of crunch, even cooked. It's a keeper!