Easy buttercream recipe that crusts nicely, dyes easily, smooths well, and isn't too sweet. I am figuring a quarter cup per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl cream butter and shortening with pinch of salt (this cuts a bit of the sweetness).
- 2Slowly add 1 bag of powdered sugar.
- 3Add vanilla (or extract of your choice).
- 4Slowly add second bag of powdered sugar and add milk slowly as needed. Start with a tablespoon at a time so it doesn't thin too much. The whole 1/8 C may not be needed. You may use more if necessary.
- 5Mix until well blended and smooth. For extra fluffiness, I beat mine on low for about 10 minutes, but not necessary.
- 6I am figuring 1/4 C per serving.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Buttercream for Decorating
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 66
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.8
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 76.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 0.1 g