Recipe by Tybooty
Easy buttercream recipe that crusts nicely, dyes easily, smooths well, and isn't too sweet. I am figuring a quarter cup per serving.
- 3 cups softened butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups shortening
- 3 1⁄4 teaspoons clear vanilla
- 2 (2 lb) bags powdered sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄8 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl cream butter and shortening with pinch of salt (this cuts a bit of the sweetness).
- Slowly add 1 bag of powdered sugar.
- Add vanilla (or extract of your choice).
- Slowly add second bag of powdered sugar and add milk slowly as needed. Start with a tablespoon at a time so it doesn't thin too much. The whole 1/8 C may not be needed. You may use more if necessary.
- Mix until well blended and smooth. For extra fluffiness, I beat mine on low for about 10 minutes, but not necessary.
- I am figuring 1/4 C per serving.