Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My brother is always required to bring these to every backyard barbeque and potluck dinner he attends. I think the recipe originated from a Jack Daniel's cookbook. Delicious flavor!!
- 1 lb bacon
- 2 large onions, diced
- 1 (53 ounce) can pork and beans
- 2 (12 ounce) cans ranch style beans (black can)
- 2 cups barbecue sauce (we use Bulls Eye Originial)
- 1⁄2 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
Add To Taste
- Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce
- cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- celery salt
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Dice bacon and cook until done but not crisp.
- Drain all but 3 Tbsp of bacon drippings.
- Saute onions in remaining drippings until soft.
- Throw everything else in pot and season to taste.
- Bake for 2 hours.
Very good beans. They were quick to assemble and full of flavor. My family really enjoyed the smokey flavor and gave them 2 thumbs up. Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe.