Prep 30 mins
Cook 336 hrs
My brother makes these by the gallon and everyone loves them. People have been known to steal them from his stash. Give them a try! Cooking time is waiting time.
- 3785.0 ml pickled cherry pepper
- 453.59 g sliced boiled ham (from the deli)
- 453.59 g sliced provolone cheese
- Cut the stem end of the peppers off and pull out the seeds (wear gloves) and then cut all the meat and cheese into inch long slices, stuffing one slice of ham and once slice of cheese into each pepper.
- Put all back into jar and pour the brine over them. Dave just stores them room temperature, but he's more adventurous than I am.
- Wait a few weeks before you start eating them.
Not sure of the quantities I used, but what I am sure about is, they were absolutely delicious! Other reviewers comments were worth noting as well, could play around with this one.
These are good, but I think could be better. Or, should I say, more suited to our taste. We think we would like a softer cheese, perhaps Feta. Or bleu? The ham seemed not to add anything to the flavor; maybe the slices were too thin. Would salami work? I used hot red cherry peppers and cut the recipe down to a quart jar. Great idea! It's worth playing around with the ingredients to make it your own. Many thanks to you and brother Dave. . . . Janet