Recipe by riffraff
I took eleventy three recipes from here, messed them all up and this is the result. This is a great breakfast or lunch dish and is easily reheated. Use whatever kind of mushroom you like, I used portabella. The crust can be either the roll out kind, frozen or homemade. I used the roll out kind.
- 1 ready-made pie crust
- 14.79 ml olive oil or 14.79 ml canola oil
- 236.59 ml fresh broccoli, cut into smallish pieces, dice the peeled stems
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml bell pepper, chopped, any color will work
- 59.14 ml mushroom, chopped
- 118.29 ml low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml Egg Beaters egg substitute, egg substitute
- 59.14 ml skim milk
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-bake pie shell in a deep pie plate for about 10 minutes, till the shell is slightly tan but not browning.
- While the shell is baking sauté the onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms in the oil till they are slightly tender.
- Add broccoli to the pan towards the end and sauté.
- When the crust is done put veggies in the crust.
- Sprinkle cheddar over veggie mixture and top with parmesan.
- In a small bowl combine eggbeaters, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Pour over the veggie mixture and cheeses, being careful not to overfill.
- Bake at 350 until done and no longer jiggly in the center, about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting.
- This can be cut into portions, wrapped in plastic wrap and re-heated for 2 minutes in the microwave.