1/1 Photo of My Broccoli Quiche
I took eleventy three recipes from here, messed them all up and this is the result. This is a great breakfast or lunch dish and is easily reheated. Use whatever kind of mushroom you like, I used portabella. The crust can be either the roll out kind, frozen or homemade. I used the roll out kind.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ready-made pie crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, cut into smallish pieces, dice the peeled stems
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped, any color will work
- 1/4 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute, egg substitute
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1Pre-bake pie shell in a deep pie plate for about 10 minutes, till the shell is slightly tan but not browning.
- 2While the shell is baking sauté the onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms in the oil till they are slightly tender.
- 3Add broccoli to the pan towards the end and sauté.
- 4When the crust is done put veggies in the crust.
- 5Sprinkle cheddar over veggie mixture and top with parmesan.
- 6In a small bowl combine eggbeaters, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Pour over the veggie mixture and cheeses, being careful not to overfill.
- 9Bake at 350 until done and no longer jiggly in the center, about 30 minutes.
- 10Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting.
- 11This can be cut into portions, wrapped in plastic wrap and re-heated for 2 minutes in the microwave.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Broccoli Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.4
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.3 mg
- Sodium 206.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Egg Beaters egg substitute