Recipe by Patrick
Breakfast Frittata. Eggs baked together with cheese and other ingredients to create a very pizza-like breakfast dish. VERY good and easy to modify with your own ingredients. I came up with this method by modifying a baked omelete recipe that just sounded bland. This is very tasty and is easy to make very large in a 12" non-stick skillet. This variant will feed 4 people easily. Serv
Top Review by Derf
This was a very good Sunday breaky. Left the sausage out, just used bacon, added mushrooms and a little bit of yellow BP and used a little Asiago cheese I had left over from something else. Cut it to 4 eggs to make it for 2 , it turned out just fine. Thanks for sharing!!
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 bell pepper, fine diced (I use 1/2 red BP and 1/2 green BP for color)
- 1 onion, fine diced
- 4 -5 pieces bacon, fried and crumbled thickly
- 2 -3 pieces flat sausage, fried and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup cold milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, fine diced
- cheddar and colby cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn on oven to BROIL.
- If not already done, fry bacon and sausage in pan and drain.
- Saute onion and peppers in a little of the bacon grease.
- use the same non-stick (oven-safe) 9" skillet for everything.
- Salt and pepper this at the first, then halfway through, add garlic and adjust seasoning.
- Sauté for about 4 minutes, flipping or stirring occasionally.
- While this is cooking and the bacon and sausage are resting.
- Beat the 6 eggs together with the milk, cayenne and 1/4 t.
- salt, add fresh ground pepper.
- When onions and peppers are colored and done to your liking, mix sausage and bacon (CRUMBLED) back into pan.
- Pour the egg mixture over all of this and drag a rubber or wooden spatula across bottom of pan, letting the egg fill in behind spatula (this is important to produce fluffy eggs).
- Once the egg stops filling in easily, shake pan around and get everything even.
- Add about 1/2 cup shredded cheese mixture onto top and let cook over medium heat for a few minutes (about 3-4 minutes).
- Take off burner and add immediately to oven under BROILER.
- Make sure rack is in the middle of the oven.
- Let cook until cheese is not only melted, but colored very well, some browning will occur, this is just tasty goodness.
- Pull from oven, shake pan around a bit to loosen eggs from non-stick surface.
- If a little help is needed, push sides of fritata with a wooden spatula or spoon to help loosen.
- Slide off pan onto cutting board or plate and cut in quarters like a pizza.
- Plate up with some oregano or parsley sprinkled on top.
- This is very easily altered to your specific tastes by changing or adding ingredients.
- For instance: Use Parmesan and Mozzerella, add pepperoni and Canadian bacon in place of sausage and bacon.
- Add oregano and some mushrooms to make a Rustic Italian Fritata.
- Easy modification.
- Just be careful, adding too much cheese on top will result in the middle of the eggs not being fully cooked.