Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Caution – this contains raw egg. I made this up when I wanted something like a breakfast shake that tasted like cheesecake. This is thicker than a smoothie because of the larger proportion of cottage cheese to yogurt, so I call it a “soup.” Makes one generous serving.
- 3⁄4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup blueberries
- liquid stevia extract
- Place cottage cheese in blender; blend til all lumps are gone and cheese is very smooth – about one minute.
- Add yogurt, blend about 30 seconds.
- Add egg, blend til egg is well incorporated.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla, blend another 10 seconds or so.
- Pour into a wide cereal or soup dish.
- Add berries (I don’t thaw them first); stir to break up any clumps.
- Add a few drops of stevia, stir gently and taste for seasoning. Add a bit more stevia if desired.
- This proportion of cottage cheese to yogurt makes a fairly thick soup that I like. If you would like the soup a tad thinner, use 2/3 cup cottage cheese and 1/3 cup yogurt.
- Can substitute sliced strawberries or whole fresh raspberries.