Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I searched this site for a blonde brownie recipe and I tried several here, but none were exactly what I wanted. So I adapted my milk brownie recipe and came up with this one. (PLEASE DO NOT USE MIXER) Posted September 2, 2005
- 340.19 g package butterscotch chips
- 236.59 ml margarine (do not use 48% vegetable oil blend)
- 4 large eggs
- 473.18 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml self-rising flour
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Combine chips and margarine; melt over low stir until well blended.
- Cool slightly.
- In bowl beat eggs with wire whisk until light yellow in color and foamy. (PLEASE DO NOT USE MIXER).
- Beat in sugar, vanilla, and chip mixture.
- Add flour and pecans if using; mix well.
- Pour into greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until brownies are pulled away from edges of pan and set in center.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares.
I took these blonde brownies to a family get together on Labor Day and they were a huge hit. We served them with butter pecan ice cream and caramel sauce. Yum!