Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is something I threw together today and am posting it for safekeeping. As with all salsas and salads, the amounts are just suggestions.
- 3⁄4 cup frozen corn, steamed for about 3-4 minutes
- 1 (15 ounce) canorganic black beans, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup organic cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small avocado, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice of one lime
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 -2 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped (optional)
- Mix corn and beans in large bowl (corn can still be warm from cooking – it will cool down pretty quickly when cold items are added.).
- Add remaining ingredients; toss gently.
- Taste for seasoning.