1/2 Photos of My Bisquick " Irish Soda Bread "
Chef #379453's Note:
The original recipe came from Cooks.com but I changed it a little to make it more "diet friendly". Sometimes I leave out the "optional" caraway seeds since I don't really care for them that much. I like to use 1/4 cup orange flavored dried cranberries (craisins) and 1/4 cup golden raisins. Be sure to plump whichever you use in the 3/4 cup of water in the microwave just short of boiling before adding.
My Private Note
round l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add shortening and powdered milk to biscuit mix and cut in with 2 knives until mix is like coarse meal.
- 2Plump raisins or craisins in 3/4 cup water in microwave for a few seconds just short of boiling.
- 3Add sugar, and caraways seeds and plumped raisins or craisins along with the water to the flour mixture and stir until well blended.
- 4Spread with your hands in the bottom in a flour sprayed 9 inch pie plate.
- 5Bake in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Bisquick " Irish Soda Bread "
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.7
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 1.3 mg
- Sodium 345.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: