Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 4 hearts romaine lettuce
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup pitted Kalamata olive
- Heat a grill or grill pan to high.
- Cut the romaine into quarters lengthwise, keeping the pieces connected through the end. Drizzle the romaine, tomatoes, onion, and bell pepper with 2 tablespoons oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill the vegetables, turning once, until grill marks appear: 3 minutes for the romaine and tomatoes; 7 minutes for the onion and pepper. Transfer to a platter. Drizzle with the remaining 3 tablespoons oil, then the vinegar, and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Top with the olives.