1/1 Photo of My Big Fat Greek Seasoning
The Spice Guru's Note:
My MSG-free recipe for authentic Greek seasoning is the best you will ever taste... and has less sodium than the leading brand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
SPICE MILL INGREDIENTS
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons anise seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried orange peel
- 2 crushed dried bay leaves or 1/4 teaspoon bay leaf powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1NOTE: PLEASE PREPARE THIS RECIPE EXACTLY AS WRITTEN, WITH NO SUBSTITUTIONS OR OMISSIONS. GARLIC SALT AND/OR ONION SALT MAY BE SUBSTITUTED BY USING 50% GARLIC POWDER OR ONION POWDER WITH 50% FINE SEA SALT. IF YOU MUST SUBSTITUTE THE VEGETABLE BOUILLON POWDER, USE CHICKEN BOUILLON POWDER. MEASURE all of the SPICE MILL INGREDIENTS into a clean spice mill or coffee grinder.
- 2MILL mixture for 10 seconds.
- 3STOP then shake spice mill.
- 4REPEAT milling and shaking procedures until mixture is finely ground.
- 5TRANSFER mixture to a resealable container.
- 6ADD the SHAKE-IN INGREDIENTS.
- 7SEAL the container.
- 8SHAKE until thoroughly blended.
- 9STORE tightly sealed in a cool, dry place away from light.
- 10ENJOY measure-for-measure an all-purpose seasoning for your favorite savory Greek recipes.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Big Fat Greek Seasoning
Serving Size: 1 (7 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 22.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon granules