Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my sister's creation that she often brings to gatherings. (I took the liberty of naming it) It is always a crowd pleaser. Easy to prepare and produces a large quantity. I use my Penzey's Greek Seasoning to make up my dressing and switch up the pasta shape each time but otherwise stick to the recipe. A colorful salad the children like to eat.
- 1 lb bow tie pasta (or whatever shape you desire)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes or 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 16 ounces greek vinaigrette (sis uses Kraft)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced olive (Kalamata or black)
- Cook pasta until al-dente. Drain.
- Add chopped veggies, feta cheese, and 2/3 of the bottle of dressing. Stir well and refrigerate at least 2 hours. (I do this the night before the day I serve it)
- Dressing will be absorbed by the pasta during refrigeration. Stir in remainder of dressing before serving.
I made this for a BBQ today and everyone loved it. So easy. I used Recipe #274968 as my dressing. Added extra fresh herbs from the garden and supped in cucumber instead of tomatos. Thanks.
Made this for the start of lent today. It was very good. The only thing I did different was put cucumbers instead of red pepper.
This certainly makes a lot of a tasty salad! A nice change of pace from the typical pasta salad with lots of flavor! Thanks for sharing.