My recipe for Greek-style pomegranate tea.
Make and share this My Big Fat Greek Iced Tea recipe from Food.com.
TO MAKE 2 QUARTS
- 12 bigelow brand pomegranate pizzazz herbal tea bags
- 6 spearmint herbal tea bags
- 3 stash brand licorice spice herbal tea bags
- 8 stalks fresh spearmint
- 4 lemons, kneaded, halved and juiced (saving 4 halves)
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄2 cup premium honey (2/3 cup for sweet tea)
- 1⁄4 cup grenadine (1/3 cup for sweet tea)
- POUR 2 quarts filtered water into a large stainless steel pot.
- REMOVE the leaves from 8 stalks of fresh spearmint; ADD spearmint leaves to pot; ADD 8 cinnamon sticks; SET heat to high.
- ADD 12 Pomegranate Pizzazz tea bags, 6 spearmint tea bags, 3 licorice spice tea bags.
- BRING mixture to a gentle boil; REDUCE heat to low; SIMMER 3-5 minutes; REMOVE tea from heat.
- WASH lemons well and cut in half; SQUEEZE juice from lemons, reserving 4 lemon halves; SET aside lemon juice or chill.
- ADD the 4 reserved lemon halves and 1/2 cup premium honey to hot tea brew; ALLOW mixture to steep and cool down.
- STRAIN tea when cooled through mesh strainer into a pitcher (save and set aside cinnamon sticks for garnish); ADD the fresh lemon juice and the grenadine to tea; STIR well (Tea may be diluted with cold filtered water if you desire a subtler tasting tea).
- POUR tea into tall glasses filled with ice. Place 1 lemon slice on rim of each glass; add 1 stick cinnamon and 1 sprig fresh mint to tea to garnish.
- AS A COCKTAIL: Add desired amount of ouzo liqueur to iced shaker or glass; FILL with tea; SHAKE or STIR; GARNISH.
- SERVE and ENJOY!
Outstanding, surprising and exciting aromas, blending beautifully all together. Great with or without ouzo!