1/2 Photos of My Big Fat Greco Inspired Burger
The burger by Susan Mello on Throwdown with Bobby Flay :) It's wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground lamb
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- oil, for brushing on the grill rack
- 6 small pita breads
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
Tzatziki with feta
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1/2 cup crumbled Greek feta cheese
- 1Tzatziki with feta:
- 2Seed and chop the cucumber. In a medium bowl, stir together the cucumber, yogurt, garlic, dill and feta. Refrigerate and chill for 1 hour.
- 3Grilled Eggplant:
- 4In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Whisk in oil until thick and well blended. Cut the eggplant into 1/2-inch rounds. Arrange in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish; coat well with dressing. Grill eggplant until tender, about 3 minutes each side, keep warm.
- 5Lamb burger:
- 6In a large bowl blend together lamb, mint, cumin, salt and pepper, to taste. Form 6 patties.
- 7Before grilling burgers, brush the grill rack with oil. Place the patties on the rack turning once, 4 minutes each side.
- 8Cut pitas horizontally and lightly toast over indirect heat.
- 9Assemble burgers as follows: pita bottom, lettuce, burger topped generously with tzatziki, a slice of grilled eggplant, and the top of the pita.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Big Fat Greco Inspired Burger
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.5
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 118.5 mg
- Sodium 470.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 31.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Greek feta cheese
white wine vinegar