Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
My big brother Charly brought these to a football game for all of us to enjoy, and they were fantastic! Great to serve during the game!
- 4 fresh bratwursts (1 lb.)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1⁄4 lb sauerkraut
- 4 large flour tortillas (10 inch)
- 1⁄4 cup honey dijon mustard
- 4 slices smoked swiss cheese
- Place bratwurst and beer in medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let bratwurst cool in beer.
- Place bratwurst in center of grill and grill 5- 6 minutes or until browned.
- Split each in half lengthwise.
- Place sauerkraut down the center of each tortilla.
- Place 2 bratwurst halves on top of filling.
- Spread 1 tbsp mustard on bratwurst and top with a slice of cheese.
- Fold two sides of tortilla over cheese and remaining bottom and top halves of tortilla to close.
- Place tortilla wraps flap side down on grill.
- Grill 3- 4 minutes or until browned and heated through, turning once halfway through grilling time.
Really awesome & creative way to use two random ingredients in my fridge. I used the left over beer in some braising liquid for another dish because I hate wasting stuff. I used an Amber ale and it was delicious! I also threw in some cream horseradish with the mustard, as well as some mayo because I'm gross. Thanks for the recipe!
These were really really good! I just boiled them in water (we didn't have any beer) and grilled them on a stove top griddle. I made the sauce using some dijon mustard and honey. We also didn't have swiss so I used Vermont sharp cheddar. So I guess I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but if they were this good with my substitutions, I bet the straight recipe is even better!
These were a tasty weekend meal, though I thought mine lacked a little "something". Should probably have followed Bergy's lead and added something spicy. Next time I will warm the tortilas a little in the microwave first as mine tended to crack a bit.