Recipe by MizzNezz
This makes 2 loaves of the best zucchini bread I have ever tasted.
Top Review by gwenrk
i picked this recipe to try to use up some of my overgrown zucchini from the garden and it is very delicious. i like the cinnamon and nutmeg and vanilla. the crust comes out nice and sticky and good. i think that some zucchini bread recipes don't have enough flavor, but this one definately does. the bread is perfectly dense and moist. very very good.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat until well blended.
- Add zucchini, applesauce and orange juice; stir well.
- Combine flour with next 5 ingredients.
- Add to zucchini mixture; stir well.
- Add nuts; stir gently to combine.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9in loaf pans.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes; till toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and let cool completely.