Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This makes 2 loaves of the best zucchini bread I have ever tasted.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Beat until well blended.
- Add zucchini, applesauce and orange juice; stir well.
- Combine flour with next 5 ingredients.
- Add to zucchini mixture; stir well.
- Add nuts; stir gently to combine.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9in loaf pans.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes; till toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and let cool completely.
i picked this recipe to try to use up some of my overgrown zucchini from the garden and it is very delicious. i like the cinnamon and nutmeg and vanilla. the crust comes out nice and sticky and good. i think that some zucchini bread recipes don't have enough flavor, but this one definately does. the bread is perfectly dense and moist. very very good.
This was my first time baking bread and it turned out great! Deliciously light and cakey, not very sweet. I substituted allspice for the nutmeg as I did not have any of the latter. I definitely would make this again!
My very picky eight year old daughter tried this zucchini bread and declared that, "It's delicious!" I agree. This recipe was very easy to follow, and I will definitely make it again.