2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend. I've tried several whole wheat recipes, and this seems to be the easiest, and most nutritious, too. I've messed it up in so many different ways, and it always turns out fine. It's a very forgiving recipe. I'm posting it here in case I lose the original.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix flour, salt, and yeast.
- 2Add the water, oil, and honey. Stir together.
- 3Knead for 10-15 minutes. Dough should be slightly tacky to the touch. You can do the "windowpane test"--hold a piece of dough up to a window, and pull apart. If you can see sunlight through it before it tears, then the dough is ready.
- 4Form into a ball; cover and let rise to double in size. (about 45 minutes).
- 5Punch dough down; separate into 3 balls.
- 6Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 7Form into loaves; place in loaf pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
- 8Let rise to double (30 minutes to an hour).
- 9Bake 30 minutes or until done.
- 10Remove loaves from pans and allow to cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Best Whole Wheat Bread
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.5
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 196.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g