Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mirj helped name this as I am not very creative in naming recipes. I had a version of this at an airport restaurant in Atlanta many years ago. I played with it and made it my own! Enjoy!
- 2 large vidalia onions, diced in large pieces
- 40 -50 baby portabella mushrooms
- 6 shallots, coarse chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, more to taste
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add mushrooms, Vidalias, shallots,garlic and carrots.
- Sauté till soft and beginning to caramelize.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add balsamic vinegar and allow to evaporate to a syrup.
- Taste and season with salt, pepper, and additional balsamic vinegar to personal taste.
I really enjoyed this dish. Added more mushrooms then it called for. Going to make this dish again. Thanks for sharing it with us.
I added more mushrooms and left out the carrots. I took luby's suggestion and added balsamic vinegar. This is a winner of a recipe!
I figured you couldn't go wrong with this recipe once I looked over the ingredients. I did make some changes to the proportions, and reduced everything. I think that this is a bit much for 2 servings as stated. I used 1 vidalia, about 10 mushrooms sliced thickly, 2 shallots, 1 carrot and reduced the butter to 2 tbsp. I also used 4 garlic cloves (I love garlic!). It was a great side dish that I think could have easily served 2 or 3. With the serving size adjusted, and the butter reduced, the calories are actually in a normal range too.