Recipe by kimbearly
Mirj helped name this as I am not very creative in naming recipes. I had a version of this at an airport restaurant in Atlanta many years ago. I played with it and made it my own! Enjoy!
- 2 large vidalia onions, diced in large pieces
- 40 -50 baby portabella mushrooms
- 6 shallots, coarse chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, more to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add mushrooms, Vidalias, shallots,garlic and carrots.
- Sauté till soft and beginning to caramelize.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add balsamic vinegar and allow to evaporate to a syrup.
- Taste and season with salt, pepper, and additional balsamic vinegar to personal taste.