Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
I have always wanted to make a very creamy potato salad,that's full of flavour, and this time, after much trial and error, I think I have found the one!
- 8 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup broccoli floret, chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed or grated
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons green relish
- 2 tablespoons dill pickles, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Bring potatoes to a boil, and boil until fork tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain and let cool in large bowl.
- Add eggs, and vegetables.
- Put all liquids and spices into a blender and blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Add approximately 3/4 of liquid to potatoes.
- Stir well.
- If needed, add rest of liquid, until potatoes are well coated and very creamy.
- Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Stir before serving.
I LOVED THIS. I know it's November, not really the time to be making potato salad, but I'm quite pregnant and I was craving it. It took a while, and I ran out of regular potatoes so I had to sub in yams, but it was worth. I can't wait for summer, when I can make batches of this for picnics!
This was delightful. The colors alone are very eye appealing. We both liked it very much. I followed the directions except halved it for just the two of us. The photo is my first to be posted. Thanks for sharing.