Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
There are so many pot roast recipes in the world, but here's mine! It's absolutely wonderful, and makes a ton of delicious gravy (my favorite part)! I think it's probably hard to mess up a pot roast, and this recipe is no exception. I've used all cuts of roasts...even a pork tenderloin on one occasion. If you're using a frozen roast, there's no need to defrost it before adding to the crock pot, so it makes for a super quick and easy prep.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs boneless bottom round roast
- 1⁄2 lb baby carrots
- 3 -4 red potatoes, cubed
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium beef broth
- Place the roast in a crock pot. Sprinkle carrots, potatoes, onion, and garlic around the roast.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, onion soup mix, and beef broth. Pour over top of the roast and veggies.
- Cook on low for 8 to 9 hours.