1/1 Photo of My Best Old-Fashioned Apple Cake With Easy Caramel Sauce
1 hr 10 mins
This is the ONLY way I'll eat cooked apples, to die for with the warm caramel sauce!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup flour
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2Cream butter and sugar, then add egg and beat.
- 3Add rest of dry ingredients and beat til mixed.
- 4Fold in apples and pecans. Pour into greased and floured large round, deep cake pan. *Use greased and lightly floured parchment paper
- 5on the bottom for easier removal.
- 6Bake at 350º for 35-40 minutes.
- 7Cool a bit, turn out onto rack to cool completely. *Can serve warm, too.
- 8Meanwhile, make caramel sauce.
- 9Caramel sauce:
- 10Melt butter, brown sugar and salt in pan over low-med heat,
- 11stirring, for about 2-3 minutes.
- 12Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and cream and stir well till not grainy.
- 13Drizzle lots of caramel sauce over cut cake slices when serving.
- 14Sprinkle chopped pecans on top of that if desired.
- 158 servings.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Best Old-Fashioned Apple Cake With Easy Caramel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 595.6
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 104.6 mg
- Sodium 401.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 56.8 g
- Protein 3.7 g