Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I hate meatloaf that is dry and hard. I spent probably 3 years in perfecting this recipe. It is moist and full of flavor! Very important to use meatloaf mix (pork, ground beef, veal) and not just ground beef. My son actually brags to his buddies about this meatloaf!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs meatloaf mixture (pork, beef, veal)
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon prepared brown mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Gravy Master (or other browning sauce)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place bread in mixing bowl with milk, soak for a minute or two. Add breadcrumbs, beaten egg, Worcestershire sauce, gravy master, mustard, 3 T of ketchup, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Mash this all up into a paste.
- Add meatloaf mix; mix well and form into loaf.
- Mix tomato sauce and remaining 2 tbsp of ketchup together and pour on top.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
I made this exactly as written. This was a very good flavorful moist meatloaf. I don't usually like ketchup poured over but mixed with the tomato sauce it was a nice addition. I did have a ton of grease come out of it though (I usually just use a leaner ground beef and not the meatloaf mix)so I just poured it off. It was not done at 40 minutes, I would increase the temperature to 375 and/or adjust the cook time. I would use this recipe again, but with the beef only and adjusted cooking time/temp. Thanks for another good meatloaf recipe!
this meatloaf was delicious - definately moist and flavorful. It did end up being greasy, but I've found that most recipes I try are. It did not hold it's shape when we tried to cut it but it wasn't a problem because i usually cut it up anyway - and it made up for it in flavor =)
Truly, this is the best meatloaf recipe I have ever found. So moist and flavorful, I have made it time and time again. So easy to prepare! I make two loaves at a time and stick one in the freezer for a quick dinner at another time. You will love this recipe!