Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My girlfriend & I were looking for a bran muffin recipe and she came up with one similar to this. After making a few changes viola... success. My daughter has allergies so I substitute an egg replacer for the egg and vanilla soy milk for the skim. She just loves them, hope you do too.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-bran cereal (or a high fiber cereal)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- cinnamon (lots)
- 1 dash vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the milk and cereal, let sit for about 5 minutes, or until soggy.
- Combine dry ingreedients in a bowl.
- Combine all parts, mixing well.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes for large muffins, and 10 - 12 minutes for mini muffins (ovens vary so oven times will too).