Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I have only made a few meatloafs over the years. This one just came out the "Best Ever". It is extremely easy and you probably have what you need right in your own kitchen. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup finely minced green bell pepper
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3 slices bacon, halved
- Thouroughly combine all ingredients EXCEPT bacon.
- Place meatloaf mixture into a bread/meatloaf pan.
- Cover top of meatloaf with bacon slices from side to side covering the entire meatloaf.
- Bake meatloaf in oven at 350* for 1 1/2 hours.
This is a good recipe and easy to make. The only problem I had was that the whole thing fell apart. I followed the recipe exactly. Thanks, Donna
This was yummy! Even my husband who "doesn't like meatloaf" really enjoyed it and asked if I'd make it again sometime. I added some small cubes of cheddar cheese to the meat mixture and it came out great. The bacon was nice and crispy and the meatloaf was moist. Meatloaf doesn't get any easier than this! I'm adding this recipe to my collection.
My Husband and I enjoyed this recipe. It was a snap to put together and just the right amount for the two of us and we still have half left for meatloaf sandwiches. I left out the green bell pepper because I didn't have one. I will be making this recipe again and again. Thank you for the recipe !!