Prep2 hrs 30 mins
This is "hands down" my best breadmaker pizza dough. It has never let me down it always turns out superb. This recipe is for a thick crispy crust that retains that melt-in-your-mouth pizza dough inside. Using your breadmaker makes this recipe very easy and very tasty!
- MEASURE all ingredients except cornmeal into bread pan in order listed; Select dough setting.
- REMOVE dough to lightly floured surface and cover with plastic wrap; Let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- SPRINKLE cornmeal on large 16 inch pizza pan or on a pizza stone and press dough into pizza shape; Cover with a towel and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- SPREAD with desired sauce, seasonings and toppings.
- BAKE at 425F for 20-30 minutes; I like to partially bake the pizza on a pan for about 8 minutes and then transfer it to a hot pizza stone sprinkled with the cornmeal for the remainder of the cooking time.
- I find by baking it initially on the pan it is easier to transfer to a pizza stone thus maintaining its large size.