1/2 Photos of My Best Chocolate Cake
1 hr 10 mins
I actually had to sub regular ingredients to make this, VERY thankful I wrote it down!!! It's got just about everything in there! And it's DELICIOUS! Hope you try it sometime! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chocolate milk
- 1 tablespoon Hershey's syrup
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup brewed coffee, very hot
- 1Grease 2, 8" cake pans with butter-flavored crisco and coat evenly with cocoa powder. Each pan will take about 2 Tbl. or so. *If you have trouble with cakes sticking to your pans, I recommend that you use flour, or half flour and half cocoa for this. Mine never stick, but they are well coated with whatever in the heck they use, and very shiny. You use whatever works best in your pans.
- 2In large bowl stir together first 8 ingredients with a wire whisk well.
- 3Add rest of cake ingredients except coffee. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 4Add coffee carefully, and beat til mixed well. Be careful to add it slowly so it doesn't splatter on you and everything else! Hot coffee can really burn!
- 5Pour evenly into the 2 prepared pans.
- 6Bake in pre-heated oven at 350º for about 40 minutes or til toothpick comes out clean. *This is not a high-rising cake, it's a bit dense. So don't fret when it looks kinda puckered in the very center, that's the way it should look.
- 7Cool in pans 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- 9Melt butter in microwave.
- 10Stir in cocoa well.
- 11Alternately add rest of ingredients beating with wire whisk, or use a mixer. Beat til smooth and creamy.
- 12This makes enough frosting to frost a 2-layer 8" cake, plus extra to decorate it with. If you just want to frost it, pile it on there! I doubt anyone will complain!
- 13Drizzle with caramel ice cream topping if desired. Top with your heart's desire. I used Brach's chocolate stars, chopped walnuts and white chocolate truffles! Experiment and have fun! :).
- 14Thanks for taking the time to read my recipe, hope you give it a try! :).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Best Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 962.0
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 135.4 mg
- Sodium 692.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 164.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 124.5 g
- Protein 10.7 g