1 hr 20 mins
I love soups & this one takes the cake! It's easy, comforting and healthy. I usually chuck in whatever is in the fridge, so below is just an estimate. You may well want to change quantities depending on your preferences. Make sure to use a good quality stock or make it yourself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 leek (thinly sliced)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- 1 large sweet potato (grated or chopped)
- 250 g pumpkin (chopped)
- 1 large zucchini (grated)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup dried lentils (or more if you like) or 1/4 cup soup mix (or more if you like)
- 1 -2 chicken breasts (more if you like) or 1 -2 chicken piece (more if you like)
- 5 -6 cups chicken stock or 5 -6 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn (or more)
- fresh parsley
- 1Brown the chicken in a little oil or soup stock. Remove from pan.
- 2Heat extra oil in the same saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until soft.
- 3Add vegetables. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Add lentils and stock. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil.
- 5Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 40 mins - 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- 6Remove the chicken breasts and shred. Return to soup and add corn.
- 7Season with salt, pepper and parsley.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Best Chicken and Vege Soup!!
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.8
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 21.4 mg
- Sodium 452.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 14.7 g