1 hr 20 mins
I love soups & this one takes the cake! It's easy, comforting and healthy. I usually chuck in whatever is in the fridge, so below is just an estimate. You may well want to change quantities depending on your preferences. Make sure to use a good quality stock or make it yourself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 leek (thinly sliced)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- 1 large sweet potato (grated or chopped)
- 250 g pumpkin (chopped)
- 1 large zucchini (grated)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup dried lentils (or more if you like) or 1/4 cup soup mix (or more if you like)
- 1 -2 chicken breasts (more if you like) or 1 -2 chicken piece (more if you like)
- 5 -6 cups chicken stock or 5 -6 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn (or more)
- fresh parsley
- 1Brown the chicken in a little oil or soup stock. Remove from pan.
- 2Heat extra oil in the same saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until soft.
- 3Add vegetables. Cook for 2 minutes.
- 4Add lentils and stock. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil.
- 5Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 40 mins - 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- 6Remove the chicken breasts and shred. Return to soup and add corn.
- 7Season with salt, pepper and parsley.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Best Chicken and Vege Soup!!
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.8
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 21.4 mg
- Sodium 452.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 14.7 g