Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love soups & this one takes the cake! It's easy, comforting and healthy. I usually chuck in whatever is in the fridge, so below is just an estimate. You may well want to change quantities depending on your preferences. Make sure to use a good quality stock or make it yourself.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 leek (thinly sliced)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 stalk celery (chopped)
- 1 large carrot (grated)
- 1 large sweet potato (grated or chopped)
- 250 g pumpkin (chopped)
- 1 large zucchini (grated)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup dried lentils (or more if you like) or 1⁄4 cup soup mix (or more if you like)
- 1 -2 chicken breasts (more if you like) or 1 -2 chicken piece (more if you like)
- 5 -6 cups chicken stock or 5 -6 cups vegetable stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn (or more)
- fresh parsley
- Brown the chicken in a little oil or soup stock. Remove from pan.
- Heat extra oil in the same saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add vegetables. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add lentils and stock. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, for 40 mins - 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove the chicken breasts and shred. Return to soup and add corn.
- Season with salt, pepper and parsley.