Recipe by Wildflour
One of my best concoctions!! They are nice and high, but very light and fluffy on the inside!
Top Review by Waking Dreamer
These pancakes would have been great except that there was too much baking soda. You could really taste it in the pancakes - even with yogurt and maple syrup (our favorite pancake toppings) you could still taste it. We followed the recipe except that we omitted the oil.
- 1 large egg
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 354.88 ml blueberries
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml light brown sugar
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 0.59 ml nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium or large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In small or medium-sized bowl, whisk egg until fluffy. Whisk in buttermilk, light brown sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry and whisk just until all is moistened but batter is still slightly lumpy.
- Fold in whole berries.
- Scoop batter onto hot non-stick griddle over medium-low heat and cook until golden brown on both sides, turning once.
- Serve with softened butter and warm maple syrup.
- Makes 10 small pancakes, or about 7 medium using a 1/3 measuring cup for pouring.
- *Don't cook these over too high of heat, they won't get done on the inside. Cook over medium-low.