One of my best concoctions!! They are nice and high, but very light and fluffy on the inside!
Make and share this My Best Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- In medium or large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In small or medium-sized bowl, whisk egg until fluffy. Whisk in buttermilk, light brown sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry and whisk just until all is moistened but batter is still slightly lumpy.
- Fold in whole berries.
- Scoop batter onto hot non-stick griddle over medium-low heat and cook until golden brown on both sides, turning once.
- Serve with softened butter and warm maple syrup.
- Makes 10 small pancakes, or about 7 medium using a 1/3 measuring cup for pouring.
- *Don't cook these over too high of heat, they won't get done on the inside. Cook over medium-low.
These pancakes would have been great except that there was too much baking soda. You could really taste it in the pancakes - even with yogurt and maple syrup (our favorite pancake toppings) you could still taste it. We followed the recipe except that we omitted the oil.
Yum! These make fluffy, moist pancakes bursting with blueberries. The thickness was perfect. I used 1/4 of the oil and all ww flour. I love the bit of spice here. The cinnamon flavour was slight, yet especially noticble with the first few bites, and a enjoyable surprise! Thanks Kelly! Made during ZWT 4.
I didn't have to add milk. The consistency was fine, not too thick. I served them with maple syrup (from Quebec, from my cousin). Thanks Wildflour. Made for the Babes of ZWT4