Recipe by Marsha D.
I have been asked to make this every year at Thanksgiving. Thought I would share my way of making banana pudding.
Top Review by Tom D.
my wife uses 2- 5oz cans Evaporated milk adding 1 cup sugar, heating until dissolved in place of sweetened condensed milk. She also uses 2 tubs of whip topping, 1 just for the top, helps cut some of the sweetness from the pudding
- 141.74 g package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 473.18 ml cold milk
- 396.89 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 226.79 g Cool Whip, thawed
- 311.84 g boxnabsico vanilla wafers
- 5-6 vine ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl beat together vanilla pudding mix and milk for 2-3 minutes until it begins to thicken. Blend in the sweetened condensed milk and mix until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract and fold in the thawed Cool Whip.
- In a 13x9x2 glass dish layer the bottom with Nilla wafers, add a layer of sliced bananas over top of wafers. Pour enough pudding mixture over top of the first layer of wafers and bananas to cover,leaving some pudding for more layers.
- Repeat layers of wafers,bananas and pudding.
- End with a few wafers on top.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for several hours.