Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have been asked to make this every year at Thanksgiving. Thought I would share my way of making banana pudding.
- 1 (5 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (11 ounce) boxnabsico vanilla wafers
- 5 -6 vine ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- In a large mixing bowl beat together vanilla pudding mix and milk for 2-3 minutes until it begins to thicken. Blend in the sweetened condensed milk and mix until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract and fold in the thawed Cool Whip.
- In a 13x9x2 glass dish layer the bottom with Nilla wafers, add a layer of sliced bananas over top of wafers. Pour enough pudding mixture over top of the first layer of wafers and bananas to cover,leaving some pudding for more layers.
- Repeat layers of wafers,bananas and pudding.
- End with a few wafers on top.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for several hours.
Delicious! I have made this many times and our whole family loves it! I wouldn't change a thing. It turns out perfect everytime.
I didn't have sweetened condensed milk, so I substituted evaporated milk with half a cup of sugar. It was the best I have had :D Great Recipe!!
Best banana pudding I have ever had! Have been making it with your recipe for a few years now. Thank you for sharing it!!!