Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
My version of "Beer Nuts". I hope you enjoy these yummy nuts.
- Bring peanuts, sugar, salt and water to a boil.
- Continue to boil until all liquid is absorbed. (aprox. 25-30 min).
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spread nuts on lightly greased jelly roll pan and sprinkle with salt to your liking and.
- bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and gently stir, sprinkle with more salt to your liking and bake 20 minutes more.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Ho ho ho - these were good fun to make and even better to EAT! I did half a batch and subbed a little bit of splenda in place of some of the sugar. I love sweet and salty flavors together so these were right up my ally, although I think DH loved them more than I did - he could not stop eating them!
I really like the flavor! My recipe came out more like Beer-Nut-Brittle however... it clumped together the peanuts and it's kinda sticky. I used a large skillet to boil and absorb fluids and had a heavy, dark syrup before baking...Suggestions?! Don't transfer that fluid to baking trays?
Wow, these are terrific! Mmm. So good. They remind me of the peanuts you'd find in Cracker Jacks. And so easy too. Thanks!