Recipe by chilepepper1231
This was the first, and only Beef Stroganoff I have ever made. But it is the only one I have found like it. A lovely reddish color appears from the paprika. I have never had any other with the paprika and it really makes a difference in the flavor.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, strips (3 x 1/2 x 1/2)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter (or a little more if needed)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 16 ounces sour cream
- hot buttered wide egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss beef strips with flour, salt and 1/2 of the black pepper.
- Heat butter in heavy skillet, add garlic and onion.
- Saute until onion is transparent.
- Spoon out and reserve.
- Add meat to pan and brown quickly, a few pieces at a time, trying to keep meat pieces seperate.
- Add extra butter if needed.
- Keep pieces warm on platter.
- After all pieces are browned, return onions and garlic to pan.
- Blend in paprika and remaining pepper.
- Fold in sour cream slowly, heat but do not boil.
- Return meat to pan and heat through.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles.