Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 9 mins
I've had this recipe for over 25 years for sure...its super delicious served over Broad Egg Noodles.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2-1 cup sour cream
- Saute onions and mushrooms in butter and set aside.
- Slice meat in strips and dredge in a bag containing the flour,salt and pepper. Shake off excess flour and brown in olive oil.
- Add in beef broth, W Sauce, tomato paste, bay leaf,thyme,mushromms and onion.
- Bring to a boil then simmer covered on low for one hour.
- *This can be frozen at this point then reheated slowly and at that point you can add in the sour cream.*.
- If you are not freezing,once the meat is tender to your liking, add in the sour cream and simmer 15 minutes longer.
- How much sour cream you use is up to you.
Really rich flavor and beautiful color. I served mine over mashed potatoes because that is what I love. We didn't have any egg noodles in our house so my Dh made homemade egg noodles so he could take the picture with noodles. We added everything but the onions and the thyme, by personal preference. Made for Photo Tag.