1/1 Photo of My Beef and Beer Casserole
3 hrs 30 mins
A winter warmer that is economical and reheats well. There are many recipies for beef and beer casserole, this is mine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and slice the vegetables into even sized pieces.
- 2Cut the beef into bite sized pieces as you like.
- 3Heat the oil in a large cast iron or other suitable casserole pot on the hob.
- 4Dust the beef with seasoned flour, shake off excess and brown the beef in the hot oil, do this in batches, removing each batch on to a plate with a slotted spoon.
- 5When all the beef is browned and removed from the pot add the sliced vegetables to the pot along with the ale and stock cube.
- 6Add the beef and any juices from the plate into the pot and top up the pot with water so that the contents are almost covered.
- 7Chop 1 table spoon each of sage, thyme and parsley (including parsley stalks) and stir into the pot.
- 8Put the lid on the pot and put the casserole into a medium hot oven (bottom oven of the AGA) for 2 and a half to 3 hours.
- 9Checks seasonings and serve with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Beef and Beer Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (702 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 680.0
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 76.0 mg
- Sodium 236.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 25.3 g