Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A personal favorite that my mother did 'plain' but that I merged with part of an old Girl Scout hot dog recipe...Very fattening (or see ingredient list for healthier alternatives!), very delicious and excellent with some honey mustard on the side to 'dip' them in...
- Preheat oven to 375°; grab a large ungreased baking sheet or a couple of ungreased small ones.
- Unroll the crescent rolls into their 8 sections.
- For each section on the shortest end (opposite the point/tip), lay down 1/2 slice of cheese.
- Top cheese with 1/2 slice of bacon; Top bacon with uncooked hot dog.
- Roll everything up, starting with the short end just as if you were doing just a crescent roll, making sure the /tip/ is tucked underneath when you place it on your baking sheet(s).
- Place 4 wrapped dogs on each of the UNgreased small sheets OR all 8 dogs on the UNgreased large sheet.
- There should be a little space around each hot dog to allow the crescent roll to poof a little; the dogs should NOT be touching each other.
- Place in preheated oven for 13-15 minutes or until the crescent rolls are golden brown; Serve hot.
- NOTE: please don't use fat free cheese, it really doesn't melt well and the flavour is too plastic, LOL!
This is a hit with my boys! I took 4 hot dogs and cut them in half if they are the bun length ones. AlsoI suggest putting parchment or foil down on the cookie sheet. I didn't the first time and it was a bit of a trial to get the cheese that melts out off the pan.
Good stuff for Brunch!!