A personal favorite that my mother did 'plain' but that I merged with part of an old Girl Scout hot dog recipe...Very fattening (or see ingredient list for healthier alternatives!), very delicious and excellent with some honey mustard on the side to 'dip' them in...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°; grab a large ungreased baking sheet or a couple of ungreased small ones.
- 2Unroll the crescent rolls into their 8 sections.
- 3For each section on the shortest end (opposite the point/tip), lay down 1/2 slice of cheese.
- 4Top cheese with 1/2 slice of bacon; Top bacon with uncooked hot dog.
- 5Roll everything up, starting with the short end just as if you were doing just a crescent roll, making sure the /tip/ is tucked underneath when you place it on your baking sheet(s).
- 6Place 4 wrapped dogs on each of the UNgreased small sheets OR all 8 dogs on the UNgreased large sheet.
- 7There should be a little space around each hot dog to allow the crescent roll to poof a little; the dogs should NOT be touching each other.
- 8Place in preheated oven for 13-15 minutes or until the crescent rolls are golden brown; Serve hot.
- 9NOTE: please don't use fat free cheese, it really doesn't melt well and the flavour is too plastic, LOL!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Bacon and Cheese Hot Dogs in a Blanket
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.1
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 60.1 mg
- Sodium 1028.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 12.7 g