Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
These are so tender that when I make them (even for company), I only put out a fork; no knife as it is absolutely not necessary
- 907.18 g back ribs
- 1 large lemon, sliced thinly to place over the ribs
- 44.37 ml seasoning salt
- 177.44 ml barbecue sauce, for basting, your favourite, you may want to use less (or more)
- Rub the ribs with seasoned salt (or your favorite spice) on all sides.
- Place in long casserole meat side down and place lemon on top (evenly spaced – not overlapping).
- Fill casserole with about an inch of water.
- Cover with tin foil and bake at 325 degrees for about 2 hours periodically checking to make sure there is enough water and that they are not falling off the bone to the extent that they cannot go on the BBQ.
- Baste with your favorite BBQ sauce and grill on your BBQ for about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve (with plenty of napkins) but no knife.
try also with apple slices and apple juice instead of water - plus i sprinkle brown sugar on the moist warm ribs before grilling - it gives them a nice glaze - then i add the bbq sauce just before removing from the heat
The ribs were so moist and tender they were falling off the bones! I used Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce. It's our favorite and it was awesome on the ribs!
This is a super "fall off the bone" tender, moist rib recipe. I mixed half beef broth & half water - added additional water as needed. For the BBQ sauce I mixed Bulls Eye & Diana Wonderful ribs served with oven fries, steamed asparagus and new carrots - ThanksChef at Heart for a great dinner