Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Broiled Chicken Melt a la San Diego. A very good sandwich that I hope you enjoy. With chicken, bacon, cheese and guac it is a must have. :) I have found the jalapeño/cheddar bread at Trader Joes and it is great with these sandwiches!
- 1 broiled cooked chicken breast
- 2 slices jalapeno-cheddar sourdough bread
- 3 slices cooked bacon
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices tomatoes
- guacamole (or sliced avocado)
- Broil chicken breast to desired doneness and remove and keep warm.
- While chicken is broiling, cook bacon but not too crispy.
- Remove bacon and keep warm.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread and place in a hot frying pan.
- Put a slice of cheese on each piece of bread to melt while bread is grilling.
- When bread is done to your liking, place chicken breast on one slice and top with bacon, tomato and guacamole or sliced avocado, and second slice of bread.
- Cut sandwich in half and enjoy.
Wonderful sandwich. I used Recipe #137007 for the bread, BBQ's the chicken breast on the KJ. Served with Recipe #66294 and Recipe #417271 with chips.
This was really lovely, I added some cucumber, avacado and bbq sauce for personal preference, lovely sandwich!
I wasn't sure if I'd like this one firstly because I'd never had sliced avocado before and secondly, because I had to "lighten" the recipe for nutritional concerns...I needn't have worried, it was surprisingly delicious! Here are the changes I made: #1 I cooked the chicken on my George Foreman grill instead of broiling #2 I used Wonder Light White bread (40 cal. per slice) #3 I skipped the bacon to lower the sodium and fat content #4 I used Kraft 2% American Cheese (lower fat and only 50 cal. per slice) #5 I added one thinly sliced onion and since it didn't say how much, #6 I used 1/4 of an avocado, sliced...Now this might seem like alot of changes, but I put it out here for anyone looking to try this recipe but with less calories, less fat and less sodium...BTW, if you look at the Nutrition facts for this recipe, it doesn't include the jalapeno cheddar bread the author specifies, so the Nutrition Facts are both incorrect and incomplete...but thank you for sharing this recipe, OzMan! I'll certainly add it into regular menu rotation, albeit in my "lightened" version