Recipe by *OzMan*
Broiled Chicken Melt a la San Diego. A very good sandwich that I hope you enjoy. With chicken, bacon, cheese and guac it is a must have. :) I have found the jalapeño/cheddar bread at Trader Joes and it is great with these sandwiches!
- 1 broiled cooked chicken breast
- 2 slices jalapeno-cheddar sourdough bread
- 3 slices cooked bacon
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices tomatoes
- guacamole (or sliced avocado)
Directions See How It's Made
- Broil chicken breast to desired doneness and remove and keep warm.
- While chicken is broiling, cook bacon but not too crispy.
- Remove bacon and keep warm.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread and place in a hot frying pan.
- Put a slice of cheese on each piece of bread to melt while bread is grilling.
- When bread is done to your liking, place chicken breast on one slice and top with bacon, tomato and guacamole or sliced avocado, and second slice of bread.
- Cut sandwich in half and enjoy.