1/3 Photos of My Autumn Apple Sponge Cake
Um Safia's Note:
A pretty cake made with fresh apples. Perfect to serve with ice cream, custard, cream etc. Easy to make - no tricky instructions, so you can even let the little ones have a go or help out!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 180c/gas4. Grease and line the base of a loose based tin approximately 20cm.
- 2Cut the apples into quarters and remove the cores. Slice lengthways and toss in bowl of lemon juice.
- 3Sieve the flour, cinnamon and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Add butter, eggs, sugar, sultanas and lemon zest. Beat for 4-5 mins until thoroughly mixed.
- 4Place mixture in the cake tin and carefully level the top. Dry off apples with kitchen towl or drain well and arrange slices in a pattern on the top of cake mix.
- 5Bake for around 30-35 minutes - until springy. Once cooked allow to stand for 5 mins then remove from tin and place on wire cooling rack.
- 6Serve as it is or lightly dust with icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Autumn Apple Sponge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.7
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 74.3 mg
- Sodium 195.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g