Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
When I met Mike, he told me this was his favorite meal of all time (having lived in Miami so long) well, even though I am Spanish we never made this type of food.. I scoured the net to find a recipes, but they all seemed way to hard and too much prep.. not my kind of cooking... so I can up with this. He loves it :)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 2⁄3 cups long grain white rice
- 16 ounces beer
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons saffron
- 4 ounces frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons diced pimentos
- fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- Rinse Chicken;pat dry.
- Heat oil.
- in a 16inch skillet cook chicken uncovered over meduim heat about 10-15 minutes or untill browned.
- remove chicken.
- add uncooked rice to skillet.
- cook and stir over medium heat untill rice is slightly transulsent.
- stir in chicken broth, beer, and all dry ingredients.
- place chicken on top of rice mixture.
- season lightly with salt and pepper.
- bring to boil; reduce heat.
- simmer covered, for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- stir in peas and pimentos into rice mixture; heat through about 5-7 minutes.
- transfer rice mixture into serving bowl.
- Arrange chicken on top of rice.
- Garnish with cliantro.