Recipe by Kozmic Blues
After researching SEVERAL recipes for this online and in cookbooks, this is what I came up with for "curry night" with friends
- 1 head cauliflower, fresh or
- 453.59 g cauliflower, frozen, defrosted
- 4 potatoes, yukon gold are nice
- 14.79 ml canola oil
- 1.62 ml mustard seeds
- 14.79 ml cumin seed
- 1 green chili, seeded and minced (I used serrano)
- 1 large onion
- 14.79 ml garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml ginger, grated
- 2.46 ml turmeric
- 4.92 ml cumin powder
- 9.85 ml coriander powder
- 1.23 ml red chili powder (to taste)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- 4.92 ml garam masala, added after dish is cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- If using fresh cauliflower, separate florets from the head, wash and drain.
- If using frozen, defrost in microwave for 3-5 minutes.
- Wash, peel and cut potatoes into 1" cubes.
- Heat canola oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add mustard and cumin seeds and fry until seeds begin to pop and cumin becomes fragrant.
- Next add your chilis, garlic and ginger, and fry for a minute until they become fragrant as well.
- Add potatoes, stir to coat with oil and then sprinkle over turmeric, cumin powder, coriander, and chili powder or caynenne if using.
- Stir to coat, cover pan and cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are halfway done.
- Add cauliflower, sprinkle with a little more turmeric, and stir to coat with oil and spices.
- Add 1-3 tbsp of water, cover and cook another 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- When finished check for salt and add if needed.
- Sprinkle with garam masala to taste, and serve.