1/2 Photos of My Aloo Gobi - Curried Cauliflower and Potatoes
Kozmic Blues's Note:
After researching SEVERAL recipes for this online and in cookbooks, this is what I came up with for "curry night" with friends
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head cauliflower, fresh or
- 1 lb cauliflower, frozen, defrosted
- 4 potatoes, yukon gold are nice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 green chili, seeded and minced (I used serrano)
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder (to taste)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala, added after dish is cooked
- 1If using fresh cauliflower, separate florets from the head, wash and drain.
- 2If using frozen, defrost in microwave for 3-5 minutes.
- 3Wash, peel and cut potatoes into 1" cubes.
- 4Heat canola oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- 5Add mustard and cumin seeds and fry until seeds begin to pop and cumin becomes fragrant.
- 6Next add your chilis, garlic and ginger, and fry for a minute until they become fragrant as well.
- 7Add potatoes, stir to coat with oil and then sprinkle over turmeric, cumin powder, coriander, and chili powder or caynenne if using.
- 8Stir to coat, cover pan and cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are halfway done.
- 9Add cauliflower, sprinkle with a little more turmeric, and stir to coat with oil and spices.
- 10Add 1-3 tbsp of water, cover and cook another 10 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- 11When finished check for salt and add if needed.
- 12Sprinkle with garam masala to taste, and serve.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Aloo Gobi - Curried Cauliflower and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.5
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 66.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: